The new “laptop Killer” program that Google announced last month is causing a lot of headaches for the IT industry.
While some have been quick to condemn the program as “cyber-bullying,” the company is saying it’s simply trying to protect users from malware.
The “laptops killer” program, which Google says is designed to detect and eliminate malware on laptops, is a way for the company to collect information from users about whether their computers are infected with malware and to prevent users from installing additional software that might cause harm to their computers.
In theory, the program is supposed to be more effective than other methods of blocking malware, including software from Microsoft and Apple.
“This is just one of the ways that we’re trying to help protect users and reduce the risk that malware could be installed on your computer,” Google product manager Johnathan Moller told reporters at its I/O conference on Wednesday.
“We’re not trying to kill computers.”
“We’re trying, in fact, to protect our users by identifying malware and not installing it,” he added.
“If we don’t know it’s malware, then we don�t install it.”
“It�s like a phone or tablet,” Moller said.
“It’s not like you get a notification saying ‘Hey, we found malware on your device.'”
Google has created a tool that it’s calling “Android-Safe” that scans and deactivates all apps that have been installed on a device without permission.
The program also scans the system for suspicious software and blocks it when it detects it.
Users can still install apps that come with malware by going to Settings and tapping on the “Apps” tab, which displays a list of the apps that Google has installed on their device.
“Our goal is to protect you from the threat of malware, and we’re going to do that by detecting and blocking malicious software,” Moll said.
“We don�’t want to put a blanket blanket ban on all malware.
But we want to protect people against the potential of malware.”
Google said that about 10 percent of devices have malware on them.
That percentage has increased over the last few months, to 30 percent of all devices in September from about 6 percent in February.
The company says that it plans to stop the “loud and clear” campaign by August and the program will be rolled out to other Android devices.
While the new “security alert” doesn’t target a specific device, it is designed specifically for Android devices, so it’s not limited to the OS version.
That means the alert will apply to any device that is not already on the Google Play store, and will apply even if the device is on a carrier’s network or another carrier.
Users can check the “Android” alert in their Android device settings.
It will show a message saying, “We�ve detected malicious code on your phone or computer that has been installed without your permission.
We’re taking action.
Your phone will get an alert notification saying that this has been detected.
If this continues to happen, we will take action.”
Google also said that the company plans to make a “lensless” update to the Android system that will remove “malware and other unwanted software” from a device.
Google said it plans on rolling out that update in the next few days, but it will only be available on devices that have not yet been installed.
Users who are already on a “sophisticated” version of Android, but who are also using another operating system or not using a lot, will be protected from the “slavery” update.
The new “sloppy” version will be a “security release” that will only work on devices with an “in-house operating system.”
Google is not releasing a release date for the new version.